Social Media....It's like the time your parents said, "You need experience to drive my car." And your response was, "How do I get experience if you won't let me drive?" So goes it with your Social Media presence.
You have to have a "following" of people to get the word out about your events and specials, and you have to know people to have them know to follow you on your page. So what is the answer?
"Build It and They Will Come." - A quote from my favorite baseball movie, 'Field of Dreams'. You gotta build it, you gotta attend to it, you gotta put yourself out there. So, how does one do that?
1. Look at your town local FB groups. Some of these groups offer a chance to advertise your business with a "teaser". If you are not sure if they do, message the :"admin" and ask. Some sites only allow on a certain day. Put it on your calendar and be ready to post on that day.
2. Video, video, video.....okay already! We know video is the way to go and you are "deathly" afraid to do it. Get over it and Just Go For It! That can be a FB Live, that can be a Zoom video of just you (on the free account), that can be a Instagram Story....Just put yourself out there and promote your page in every video.
3. Local printed or online advertising (calendar of events), etc. A lot of local papers will let you publish an item for the Calendar of Events. Book something - even if it is just a meet and greet at a local restaurant and people can come by and find out more (use drawing slips for something small free as well).
4. Hand out coupons or info coupons at events that you are attending or in a group situation.
5. Use our PIC Albums! We have a workshop album. Grab some pics and show the fun these ladies are having and post on your business page and share to your personal page (o nly do this very rarely).
6. Hang up flyers in local establishments with "tear-offs". And tear 2-3 off yourself before posting.
7. When you are doing an event, ask people to "check in" with you on Facebook!
8. Join a Mom's group or other organization and offer a special for members.
9. Hand out business cards and let them know you would appreciate them stopping by your FB page or your Instagram page and leave a comment. Let them know you collect names each month for a drawing. You decide on the drawing...Don't give away the "farm".
10. Network with Realtors and offer to "feature" them on your page if they will do the same.
What other ideas do you have to help you in your social media presence?